How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Matt Your Own Question
Matt, Engineer
Category: Australia Car
Satisfied Customers: 21362
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
Type Your Australia Car Question Here...
Matt is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 2001 magna 3.5 with a leak of coolant in the

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2001 magna 3.5 with a leak of coolant in the inside.
JA: How old are the hoses? And have you tested the actual mix of your coolant?
Customer: The hoses are just 3yo. What do you mean with test the mix?
JA: What is the model of your '01 Mitsubishi?
Customer: Magna tj executive
JA: Are you fixing your TJ yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 3.5
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have called a mechanic, he's coming tomorrow but since I'm on a very tight budget and I have some experience I would like to remove as much stuff as I can before he cames
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 8 months ago.


when you say coolant is leaking inside, then is it leaking into the cabin ? or in the middle of the engine under the inlet manifold or is it leaking internally?

is the coolant level dropping with no external leaks

Expert:  Matt replied 8 months ago.


do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you