sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have hyundai terracan 2005 diesel. my malfunction light

Customer Question

hi .i have hyundai terracan 2005 diesel . my malfunction light come on when i am driving .i had service done they put in injector no 2 in and i still the same problem
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

There are dozens of possible causes for the engine light coming on. The engine light will come on when the engine controller sees a failure in a monitored component or system and sets a fault code. Literally any failure in the powertrain can turn on the engine light.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes have set and then testing can be done from there. Do you know what codes are setting?