Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a Rexton 270XDI. Glow plug lights up on dash when

Customer Question

I have a Rexton 270XDI.
Glow plug lights up on dash when motor is running. Appears that 2,1,4,5 have open circuit.
Also there is abnormal throttle control.
Both passengers' and driver's side curtain airbags show high resistance.
Question: Is there an approximate (ball park) cost/quote you could guess at to have this done by an approved agent in Brisbane ?
Look forward to hearing from you.
***** *****pman.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The glow plug fault can be an issue with the glow plugs themselves or an issue with wiring to the glow plugs.Most of the time it is usually the glow plugs themselves needing replaced and this can run around $500 to $650 in some cases to have replaced.

The throttle issue may be related to the glow plug fault or an issue with a throttle actuator at fault possibly.This would have to be checked/tested further to locate and correct this issue here.

If the air bags themselves show high resistance in some cases this can cost over $1500 to have both replaced.

You would need to speak to a repair facility on an exact estimate in your area.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete