Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

My center roof light won't turn off an is setting my alarm

Customer Question

My center roof light won't turn off an is setting my alarm off every hour.also the hand with a car inside it light has started flashing constantly since my light an alarm problem
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: No.ill try it right now
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2001 au11 edition
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just started yesterday.I got to work set alarm an went inside.half hour later the alarm went off an i went out turned it off.reset alarm an went back inside.hour later happened again an that's when I noticed the roof light won't turn off.I've checked all doors boot an bonnet to make sure thy all closing properly. They seem to be then I noticed the hand light flashing an even when car is running it keeps flashing.the people next door weren't to impressed with alarm going off every hour last nyte
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it.thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases this fault here can be caused by a fault with one of the door latch position sensors sending an incorrect signal on what position the doors or locks are in.If one is sending a false signal that the door is opened instead of closed this issue occurs here.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will help diagnose and locate this issue here.The scan tool has to be one that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model.The scan tool is also used to monitor the door position sensor signals to see if one shows a door opened or closed when it is the opposite as this is usually the one at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to go see a auto sparky.the alarm is really sensitive as the car is a limited edition
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

This would be the best thing to do that way it can be checked/tested properly to locate and correct the issues here.If you can have them test this,this will help in locating and repairing the fault here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete