Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Remote wont key in have inserted key 6 times until

Customer Question

remote wont key in have inserted key 6 times until indicators flash and press remote but nothing any ideas
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: key opens doors and starts car ok
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2002 tiv6
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: when I press the button to lock the doors the drivers door doesn't lock have to lock manualy
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: had it to the nissen dealer and they said it was the remote but I have a ney after market remote
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this issue occurs with more then one remote this is usually a fault with the keyless entry control unit/ecu itself as I have seen in some cases if the power locks are still operating as they should be.I would have this tested further to see if this is the cause for sure here and replaced if found to be at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks for your reply
how can I repair this will I need a new ecu
then it would need reprograming by a nissen tech
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Yes the ecu usually requires replacement and once replaced it will have to be programmed to correct this issue here.This has to be done by a nissan tech/dealer in most cases.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete