Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Chrysler 300c 2006 3.5l petrol, p0300 multiple misfire

Customer Question

Chrysler 300c 2006 3.5l petrol, p0300 multiple misfire solution?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Starts fine thep0128 code also has appeared which is the thermostat possibly,
JA: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No take iron to the mechanics get my vehicle serviced and repaired professionally, Otis going in fora service tomorrow they are aware they said spark plugs and coil pack needs to be replaced
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Temp gauge gets to halfway within 20mins
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Allow me to look up that information for you. thanks

First of all yes, the thermostat needs to be replaced. 20 minutes is too long to come up to operating temp. as far as the p0300 code, it doesnt necessarily mean the plugs and all coil packs need replaced. do not let them replace all of the coil packs. they arent all going to be bad. that would be very expensive.... have them diagnose which coil pack might be causing the misfire. it may not even be a coil pack or the plugs. it could be a fuel injector. they need to troubleshoot this properly and not just throw parts at it while spending your money.