Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I need to hotwire my subaru liberty, 2000, Someone has

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I need to hotwire my subaru liberty
JA: What year is your Liberty?
Customer: 2000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Someone has pulled my ignition n barrell colums indicator n window wiper handles all apart
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: And now theres only the metal part. Hanging from a bundle of wire on left side which could be the ignition barrell? And its only a small cross shaped gap that u insert to put key in, ignition relay or colum barrell thing thats hanging from wire, thats all thats there atm just hanging while on the right side under steering wheeL just behind undr dash board is the ignition colum which is totally damaged n hallow it looks like u cant put a peice into it not even a key if u know what i mean, complicated just sayin cos i dont know its been pulled apart ripped out all undr steering wheel dashboard ignition barrell area both sides from left to right
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Please help me start my car i have no key cant afford a locksmith n need to know how to hotwire or start my car asap before someone steals it again
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately with the security system this model uses you will not be able to start your model until the components that are damaged or missing are repaired or replaced.You will have to have this inspected to see what needs reinstalled and what needs replaced then corrected from there as I do not see a way to hot wire this model without the security system setting off causing a no start issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete