Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I need the pin code for a RCD510 please. My old radio died

Customer Question

I need the pin code for a RCD510 please. My old radio died and I got a replacement from ebay but no 4 digit code
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: no I don't I have the serial number of the ebay RCD
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2012 Golf 1.6 TDI
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Radio code is VW-5KO 035 190 A I removed old radio - RNS310 - plugged in the ebay RCD510 and it needs a 4 digit code
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Radio Serial number is *****
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Since no one has posted the code info here on your model in some cases it can be difficult to obtain and in some cases has to be programmed in by a dealer.One other option is one of the links below here.

http://volkswagenaustralia.com.au/Contactus/Home/FAQ

or

http://www.radio-code.com/

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks. I managed to get info elsewhere.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

That is great to hear.If you need anything else in the future from us let us know.

Thanks Pete