Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Series 1 vehicles would allow driver to use brake pedal

Customer Question

Series 1 vehicles would allow driver to use brake pedal pressure to decide whether or not to have engine stop. MY 15 series 2 Golf 110 TSi Highline, engine will stop at most inconvenient times even on very light braking. I have taken vehicle to 2 different dealers who both claim nothing can be done and it is normal.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: Brake fluid is normal and was last checked today in its 1 year service.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: As stated above, vehicle has been taken to 2 different dealers, with don't worry about it results.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It does not happen on other vehicles with auto stop and did't happen on earlier VW Golf's.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there any more info needed to help me resolve this issue?
It could be resolved by either myself, or by providing some info eg Campaign No, so dealers take my problem seriously?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.My info is limited on this here but I saw no one else had posted and wanted to see if I could help in any way on this.

In some cases this fault here can be caused by an issue with a faulty brake position sensor/switch.If this was not checked into by the dealer this should be done to see if this sensor/switch needs replaced.If this was checked into already and found o.k. let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete