Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Changing stereo on eb falcon with a fusion stereo and unsure

Customer Question

changing stereo on eb falcon with a fusion stereo and unsure of color code
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: no. the wiring code
JA: What year is your Fusion?
Customer: have just purchased it. a CA-MY
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: CA-ML500BT
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I HAVE SOME OF THE WIRE COLRS BUT THERE ARE OTHERS THAT IM NOT SURE OF
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases you can get an adapter harness that plugs in between your vehicles harness and the radio you are trying to wire in to make this work here.Usually this can be purchased from a stereo or after market install facility.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete
Thanks for the reply and sorry for slow response.I have a '92 EB Falcon and I'm trying to install a Fusion CA-ML500BT.I tried purchasing an adapter harness with no success. The color code for Falcon radio I got off a web site is as follows ...Left to right back row first:Battery Power green/yellow wire
RH door speaker grey/blue wire
LH Door Speaker black wire
ground Black wire
LH Rear speaker pink black wire
LH door speaker orange green wire
LH Rear Speaker pink Green wire
power blue white wire
radio on indicator (power aerial) red blue wire
RH rear speaker blue black wire
rear lamps (illumination) brown wire
RH door grey green wire
RH rear blue red wire
Second color being the trace line.After joining colors from above instructions and Fusion instructions connected on their wires, I have two wires that don't correspond...
FROM FALCON
1. Power Blue / White
2. Radio on indicator (power aerial) red blue
The two colors I have not corresponding are
1. Grey / yellow
2. Orange / black
FROM FUSION
1. Power antenna - blue
2. Ignition (ACC) - redI have tried connecting the two together with no result then swapping the two, still with no result.Any assistance would be helpful.Regards
Tari
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

I apologize for the delay as I was offline the last couple of days.

Unfortunately I do not have a diagram on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete