Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I recently purchased a 1989 Nissan Caravan VG30 3.0 ltr V6

Customer Question

I recently purchased a 1989 Nissan Caravan VG30 3.0 ltr V6 in Australia, however it was an import from Singapore. I took it for a service and found the cooling system needed an overhaul but my mechanic cannot find any parts anywhere (especially the radiator). I just wondered if anyone had any knowledge or specializes in Caravans and can help source parts. I have all the dimensions for the radiator and would even consider getting one made from scratch if it impossible to find the part. For some reason (especially in Australia) my particular model caravan doesn’t appear on any of the parts website search and I am running out of options. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Regards Joel
p.s I can supply all information needed for the search
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases parts or components like this may need obtained used from a salvage yard.If this was not checked into I would see if these can be obtained this way.If this was already checked or is not an option for you here on this let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete