Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Friend was driving my 1997 Nissan primera, automatic, on

Customer Question

hi friend was driving my 1997 Nissan primera, automatic , on main rd do 100km then his passenger friend thought it would be funny to pull hand brake now its stuck in reverse in every gear I just want to now how to get it out of reverse to get it to shop can you help
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can damage the gear box transmission internally and cause this fault here needing replaced or removed and repaired.I would have the linkage inspected leading to and at the gear box/transmission for any issues.If any issues are found they will need repaired to correct this fault here.If all linkages are found to be o.k. then you will need to have the gear box/transmission checked for any damage needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete