Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a mercedes clk 2008 model rhd. The driver side seat

Customer Question

I have a mercedes clk 2008 model rhd. The driver side seat belt extender suddendly stopped working. The passenger side is working fine. I think it's the fuse. I opened the driver side fuse compartment snd they all looked okay. There is a location map but could not understand as compartment looked different from map.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can be the seat belt extender motor itself at fault.I have seen these fail before in the past needing replaced.If you can hear the motor operating at all or trying to operate this can be the cause here.I dont show the fuse locations on this particular model myself here.I would check and see if all fuses are good needing replaced at all and if all o.k. then the motor and motor circuits need tested.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete