Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a 2000 model Nissan pathfinder STV6 Beachcomber fuel

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2000 model Nissan pathfinder STV6 Beachcomber fuel injected petrel.
I have fuel pumping out of the the return line from the fuel rail and have removed a plug and have spark but it won't firer. What could be the problem and how do I test it?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be an issue with fuel injector pulses.Since you have fuel and spark most likely you do not have fuel injector pulses and this may be due to a security component at fault on your model or a component like an ignition module or computer at fault.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a scan tool or computer that will plug into your model and is fully compatible with your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.I suspect one of these is the cause needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete