sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a 2011 Actyon manual 4wd that jumps out of reverse

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Actyon manual 4wd that jumps out of reverse occasionally. Will stay in reverse if I hold gear stick. Doesn't do it all the time. Gear is being selected properly and clutch engaged in timely manner. Any ideas?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem could be an internal transmission issue or it could be a linkage problem. If there is play in the linkage or there is something physically blocking shifter or linkage movement then it will cause what you're having. The first thing that shoudl be done is check for any looseness in the linkage, the shifter, and to check for anything foreign blocking movement.

If there is no linkage issue then the problem is either with the synchronizer, shift fork or internal transmission shift linkage. Disassembly of the transmission would be necessary to further diagnose it.