Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Ford fpv gt suddenly wont start

Customer Question

Ford fpv gt suddenly wont start
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the starter does not engage to crank over the engine this may be the starter itself at fault needing replaced or the ignition switch or relay at fault.This would need to be tested further to pinpoint and repair this fault here.

If the starter is engaging but the engine is not starting this issue can be caused by a fault with a fuel pump/injection pump or crank sensor as these are common components to fail and cause this issue here.This will have to be tested further to pinpoint and repair the cause.

If you can tell me what is occuring when trying to start this I can see if I can look into this further.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete