Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.

Just had a new battery cause we thought that's why it

Customer Question

just had a new battery cause we thought that's why it wouldn't start, but still wont start, only clicking wont crank. Have lights, and power to accessories, but they do flick on and off when trying to start it
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: yes.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2007 Escape XLT, 4 cylinder
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we have tested the new battery, but very bad weather prevented us from checking the alternator or starter
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: well, I think the vehicle has been exhibiting signs of either the alternator or some say crank angle sensor, (cam angle sensor)
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, it wont be the crank angle sensor since it wont even crank. that would just alow it not to start. if you put a brand new battery in then you can rule that out also. lets concentrate on the positive and negative cables at the battery and alternator and starter. please make sure they are corrosion free, clean and tight. the negative cable that goes form the battery to the engine block needs to be checked also. thats the first thing we need to do. let me know when all is good there, then we will move on to the next step if that hasnt cured your problem. thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you David, will try these things out as soon as our weather improves and get back to you.

ok great, have a good day.....

any update?

any luck with your weather getting better?

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. It looks like the pervious Expert opted out so I would like the chance to help you. Please reply back with any questions and I will do my best to get your vehicle up and going. Thank you!