sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 09 Toyota Prado 120 and I need a security code for

Customer Question

I have a 09 Toyota Prado 120 and I need a security code for the stereo because I changed the battery
Please and thank you
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  discostew replied 5 months ago.

Hi Zac , the radio code question is a common one , the toyota code is usually (if its a 4 digit ) the last four numbers of the vin number,or 3 if its a 3 digit code,failing that (& the radio only gives you a few chances)a/any toyota dealer should be able to give you the original code based on the vin,if though the code was changed by a previous owner(can be custom coded by owner, its in the owner manual & is specific to certain radio types)the dealer would need to have the car to recode it (not free)hope this helps,try the vin one first but,Cheers stew

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks its going to cost me 85 dollers to take it to the dealership because nobody is giving me anything else but the stupid Vin.....it doesn't work

ok Zac , so someone has at some time reset the code , from factory it is the end of the vin , as prior response only option is to pay the dealer or fit a non toyota radio isnt it , not only do i not have the toyota decoder it wouldnt be of much use to me or you as im unable to see or work on the vehicle , JA is an information/expertise exchange , i am only able to give the best advice i can ( which i have ) , if you are somehow not happy with that advise then dont accept/pay or rate the answer , there is nothing else i can do, thanks stew

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you don't have record of the radio code there are a couple ways you can obtain it. Your dealer would be one, but if you're unwilling to use your dealer you can also try this site to see if they are able to obtain it for you.