Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Im about to remove the gearbox from a wrecked ef fairmont,

Customer Question

im about to remove the gearbox from a wrecked ef fairmont , and i was just wanting to know the easiest way to go about it?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: ef aitrmont
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: fairmont
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing, i have just jascked up the back end on stands
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: will the ef fairmont auto gearbox , fit properly in my el falcon wagon?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases this info here has to be obtained from a dealer or repair center that can work on this model here since no one has posted the info on how this is removed.They can also tell you for sure if this will fit your model and if any special adapters are needed.If this was already attempted or is not an option for you on this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete