Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Starts and runs ok, after 1k it starts to run rough like

Customer Question

Starts and runs ok, after 1k it starts to run rough like lack of fuel or ignition problem, go another 2ks it clears and runs fine,if you start it cold and keep the revs up it does the same thing after 5 minutes this continues for 10 minutes or so and then clears and runs fine,have just discovered in the last 3 days if i start and let it run for around 10 minutes without touching the accelerator at all then i can start driving with no problems.
if i stop for over 15 minutes i have to go through one of these symptons again and it then runs fine
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This issue here can be caused by an internal electrical fault with the coolant temp sensor itself.I have seen this temp sensor fail in the past before and cause this issue here needing replaced.If this has not been checked/tested or replaced this needs checked into to see if this resolves the issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

I apologize as I am unable to place a call on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete