Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

2002 Pajero (Montero) Auto, works fine in Sport Shift, jumps

Customer Question

2002 Pajero (Montero) Auto, works fine in Sport Shift, jumps then no movement in Auto,... also no drive when cold.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: No leaks. Fluid level OK. 135,000klms
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hoping to fix myself,..Just bought the car 2 days ago. Rest of car is brilliant condition.,..And no codes on the eng/tranny.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Thats about it,...reverse OK.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Make sure the fluid level is at the correct level in the transmission.If this is low at all this can cause this type of fault here and would need corrected.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. this may be an issue with the transmission valve body itself.I have seen this fail on several models in the past before needing replaced.This would have to be checked/tested further to see if this is the cause here then replaced as needed.In some cases a fluid flush may correct issues like this here as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete