Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 2006 Subaru Legacy with H6 non turbo engine, auto

Customer Question

Hi
I have a 2006 Subaru Legacy with H6 non turbo engine , auto trans.
Issue im having is that the cruise control will not work above 100km per hour unless I increase it "manually" with the CC lever. Even then it will only ever allow me to increase speed to 110km ph .
If I go above 110km ph and try to set cc at say 120kmph , it automatically drags me back to 100kmph
Any suggestions for this Kevin
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On some models this is the way the cruise is designed to not over rev the engine and can cause this issue here.I would have a dealer or after market repair facility check for any programming that can be done to the engine computer to see if you can increase or resolve this fault here.If this was already checked into have the fault codes checked to see if any codes are set related to this issue needing diagnosed and repaired.It may be a sensor not sending a correct signal like a wheel speed sensor as this can limit or disable the cruise control in some cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete