Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

My korando 3.2 petrol manual 1998 will start when I turn the

Customer Question

My korando 3.2 petrol manual 1998 will start when I turn the key I can clouch start it and it goes . When I turn the key it turns over ok just won't fire . There are times when I start my he car and all is good .
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This issue here may be a result of a failing rpm/crank sensor as it may not be picking up the speed signal from the engine when cranking it over and causes this fault here.If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set this needs done.If any codes are set in any of the computers the codes will need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

I would also check the engine over for any loose or damaged wiring needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete