Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

Has been not driven for two years was working fine best way

Customer Question

has been not driven for two years was working fine best way tooget running again
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2007 1.6 litre petrol 5 speed
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: was running well
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing inneed new battery bt was wondering if any precations i should use
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: was ecellent condition moved next too work didnt need
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 3 months ago.

Start by replacing the battery, then drain fuel tank and flush fuel lines, then replace engine oil and filter, replace transmission filter and fluid, remove wheels and inspect brakes for brake fluid leakage, replace components as necessary and bleed system. then turn key on and leave on for 60 seconds then turn off key, then disable fuel injectors and spin engine until oil pressure comes up, then restore fuel injector connections and start the engine, let idle for 20 minutes as long as no obvious knocking is heard, ticking noise is OK, this will dissipate after engine idles for awhile, then test drive vehicle to insure transmission shifts, stop and go traffic and highway test drive for 5 miles. Be prepared for a couple electronic glitches and bugs, address as necessary, change engine oil and filter after 500 miles. Please accept and rate my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Please Accept and Rate my answer, if you have further questions I will continue to answer your questions until you are completely satisfied with my answers.