Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Ford xr6 2003 surging car has only done 66,000, none,

Customer Question

Ford xr6 2003 surging car has only done 66,000
JA: What are all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. noises, leaks, flashing lights, error codes)?
Customer: none
JA: Are you fixing your XJ6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing as yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the check engine light or any other warning light has come on on the dash with this issue here the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed and repaired.

I have seen issues with a lack of fuel due to a restricted fuel filter,weak pump or injector issues needing replaced that will cause this here.I would have the fuel system tested if no codes are set to see if there is a fault with the fuel system needing repaired or a component replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete