Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Power steering makes a small noise only when cold, only in

Customer Question

hey
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: power steering makes a small noise only when cold
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: only in the morning
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: vz ss ute
JA: What year is your SS?
Customer: 05
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no what i did thow was i put a alloy reservoir on it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no thats it
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check for any power steering fluid leaks.If any leaks are found they will need repaired to correct this fault here.If these are all checked and found to be o.k. this can be a fault with the power steering pump itself.I have seen the power steering pump fail/act up like this here before in the past needing replaced for this issue here.This would have to be checked/tested further to be sure this is the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete