I have a Nissan Pathfinder 2006 Ti. Auto petrol. Had

Customer Question

Hey. I have a Nissan Pathfinder 2006 Ti. Auto petrol. Had transmission problem back in January. Seen to by Nissan dealership. Since then, more often that not, when the gearshift is put into park, I can't remove the key from the ignition. I wriggle the shift, switch the ignition on and off and usually I can then remove the key. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you, Albert
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  s.c.2 replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So does everything else work normal with it? Have to push on brake to shift out of park? Any other problems?Let me know and I'll continue to helpThanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello there. Yes with this model you must push the brake on before you move it from park. When in park the key can't be removed from the ignition. This is occurring often but not always.
Expert:  s.c.2 replied 2 months ago.
I'm Sorry, I probably didn't ask it right :-), what I meant was is there any problem with the shift lock. As in does it sometimes not work to take it out of park when you push on the brake? Or sometimes will it shift out of park with out having to push on the brake? Esp when the key won't come out.
And when they key won't come out does it turn all the way to the lock position? Or does it just not quite turn all the way to lock?Let me know.
Expert:  s.c.2 replied 2 months ago.
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.