sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My right indicator is not working. The front and side mirror

Customer Question

My right indicator is not working. The front and side mirror indicators are working fine. I think there is possibly a loose wire or the link is broken somewhere as the bulb is fine.
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2013 Elantra
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried switching the bulbs around to see if that is the problem but they are working fine. I would like to solve it myself if I can
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope. Nothing else is wrong with the car. Like I said just the right rear indicator isn't working.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you have a single turn signal bulb that is not working and the bulb has been replaced then you almost surely have a wiring issue, except if there is internal circuity in a lamp housing. It isn't uncommon for internal circuits in lamp housings to open up or have high resistance and prevent a light from working. It appears that it's the rear turn signal that isn't working.

Have you used a test light to test for power there with the turn signal turned on?