Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,

No pulse on mazda cx7 cylinder 4

Customer Question

No pulse on mazda cx7 cylinder 4
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

if there's no injector pulse on 1 cylinder but its there on all the rest then I'd trace the wiring back into the engine loom checking for chafe damage as you go

if this is OK then there should be a small earth connection onto the engine which is secured with a small bolt onto the engine and terminated with a ring terminal

this is the earth connection for the ECU and used to help drive coils and injectors

and if this is OK then I'd suspect that the ECU is faulty and should be sent off for testing

Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you