Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Trying to replace water pump but finding it hard to remove

Customer Question

Trying to replace water pump but finding it hard to remove the belts im struggling to losen the bolts to power srteering im confused which bolts to losen....im not a mechanic !!
JA: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: I just bought it a month ago its been maintained well, just did a 4500 km trip noticed a squeak like a bearing a couple of times then went to drive the other day big noise....same and coolant leaking
JA: What is the model of your '2500 Mercedes?
Customer: Its a slc(###) ###-####model
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ordered a new water pump and thermostat, Im a fair way from mechanics so have to do it myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No not for now lol I can see one adjustment nut front and back of the power steering but cant see what the others will do if I losen them, ones hard against the dissy so ill need to losen the dissy to get at it if its one i need to losen....there goes my timing if i do
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Unfortunately since no one has posted here how these bolts are loosened or removed and which ones are loosened and removed you may have to contact a repair facility closest to you to see if they can send or fax the instructions on this to you.In some cases they will and some may or may not charge a small fee for this.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete