Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Engine light icon stays on, then istop won't function. Mazda

Customer Question

Engine light icon stays on, then istop won't function.
Mazda 3 , purchased Jan 2015. Been back four times for same problem.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you havent had the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool this needs done.If any codes are set the codes need diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.

If they were checked and a sensor related code was set and the sensor was replaced and mechanical checks out o.k. and all wiring from the sensor to the computer is o.k. this may be the engine computer itself at fault needing replaced.I have seen some of these fail before in the past.This all depends on what code is set.Being a 2015 model this should be covered under warranty and if this is an unknown issue sometimes the manufacturer has to look into the fault working with the dealer on repairing this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete