indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  All import and domestic car repairs and diagnostics
29331485

The central locking on my 2001 gf 626 is playing up. When

Customer Question

The central locking on my 2001 gf 626 is playing up. When trying to unlock the cr with the key the doors instantly lock again. If I lift the handle while holding the key in the unlock position I can open the door but the locks then keep locking and unlocking until I shut the door. They also occasionaly locknd unlock themselves while the car is parked
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  indy-tech replied 6 months ago.

Hi .

A typical question we get with the central locking, and i can say with experience that your problem is with the locking actuator .

When the locking actuator starts to get stiff to operate and the spring gets weak the lock does not fully unlock when unlocking and makes the doors relock .In some rare cases removing the door inner cover and gaining access to the actuator and linkage you can spray WD40 and hopefully loosen up and get it working again . in most cases the actuator needs replacing and in most cases the drivers door is the problem .

So you have a problem with one of the actuators passengers or drivers side .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.