Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Electric windows dont work, none of them, yes, am an auto

Customer Question

electric windows dont work, none of them
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: yes, am an auto electrician, have done the simple tests, however cant seem to work out whats going on, believe has something to do with body control system, cant read with scan tool
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked fuses, checked supplies to drivers door module, windows do motor drivers from drivers side & passengers from passenger side. continuity test from module to body control module, could possibly have ignition supply missing to drivers module but not sure, has battery supply
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: cant communicate with the body control module with snap on modis scan tool
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If no other electronics are acting up with this issue here and you know for sure all wiring is found to be o.k. with no damage this type of fault here is usually caused by a fault with the body control module itself.I have seen this fail in the past before internally to where it had to be replaced to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete