Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager

I have a 2001 ford f150 4x4 automatic trans mission i found

Customer Question

I have a 2001 ford f150 4x4 automatic trans mission i found a transmission leak dripping from the starter wondering what it could be to cause that and how to fix it
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

If the trans fluid is leaking at the starter, (off of the starter) that is the cooler line. They sometimes get rubbed along the side of the starter and the steel line with rub through and start leaking.

They can be repaired with a compression union. You just have to cut out the part that is leaking. Thanks

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Expert:  Jerry replied 2 months ago.

Did you get that?

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. Thanks

I do not have access to your email address,