Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a mercedes W169 Japanese import(A170 2005). I want to

Customer Question

I have a mercedes W169 Japanese import(A170 2005). I want to install a later model radio..
ZB NUMBER A1698705594 (model MN3840)
6 STACKER CD with blue tooth.
I remove the original radio and plugged the harness into the replacement radio. The radio fired up and the stearing wheel controls worked...volume and frequency change plus CD and Blue tooth...however, the CD stacker would not allow CDs to be installed and none of the radio stations on FM or AM would play. Where my original radio had a black and a yellow (2) separate antennae recepticles, the replacement radio has only one (the yellow).
I would like to use the six stacker radio...can you assist me in getting it to function please.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You may have to install an after market antannae cable and antannae if the cables are not the same in order to obtain the AM and FM stations.As for the cd changer issue this may be due to a fault internaly in the radio if the cd changer is built into the radio.It would need to be repaired to correct this here or replaced as an assembly.If this is a separate cd changer let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete