Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

On inserting the key and pressing the start button, the Red

Customer Question

On inserting the key and pressing the start button, the Red exclamation light comes on and electrical start system does not initiate. This has been happening on and off recently but is getting worse.
There also appears to be an electrical issue with the right main headlight - stopped working when the left was recently replaced, but then started working for one journey at night in rain the other night. Now is not working again. Possible short?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like 2 different issues here causing these faults.First with the head light issue this sounds like a loose wire or connection to the head light itself or if these are xenon lights to the ballist or igniter for the head light.This will need checked to see if this is a wire or connection issue or a ballast or igniter issue at fault.

As for the no start and red ex. light issue this sounds like a fault with the hybrid system itself.This may be loose or corroded battery connections or a battery fault intermittently.

If you have not had the fault codes checked with a fully compatible scan tool this needs done to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete