Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

I've had the water pump and timing belt done 6mths ago and

Customer Question

I've had the water pump and timing belt done 6mths ago and have just had to do the water pump again 3 weeks ago. This morning I had coolant on the ground again Norma came out and said it looks like it's coming from the water pump again
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: It is a Hyundai terracan 2002 manual petrol
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Have no problems with it starting it has a few misses with gear change
JA: What is the model of your '02 Hyundai?
Customer: Terracan
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I wanted to know if you think it would be the housing behind the wAter pump or if the pump wasn't fitted properly. It's now the third time I'll have to get the water pump replaced in 6mths
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Don't think so I've has so many problems but have fixed them all this one just keeps coming back
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The problem you having here may very well be the housing and not the water pump especially if this is the third one. In order to determine if its the housing or the mounting of the pump your going to need to pressurize the system and get is there with good lighting and have a look to see where the coolant is coming from. If it appears to be coming from behind the pump then its likely the mounting or the housing.