virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

I have a legacy the morning leaving i see a patch

Customer Question

hi... i have a legacy the morning leaving for work i see a patch of water on the tank of where radiator cap is located(2 days now).. i smell a burning smell of coolant.. and heater is not heating as usual... see coolant at the bottom of a 30mm or 40mm size hose beneath the coolant nice to have step by step guide to fix it..any info would be appreciated
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So is the radiator full of coolant? Checked at the radiator when it's cold and not the coolant overflow bottle.If it's low or has an air bubble from recent work on the cooling system will cause it to not have as much heat inside.If it is full and the leak is slow, then yes you can still drive it.Let me know if it's full and I'll explain how to flush the heater core.Thanks
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi thanks for replying... its a worrying time..i did fill coolant to the top of tank... radiator is full aswell..
It's my pleasure to help. Is it possible for you to take a picture of the area that's leaking so I'm sure I understand the leak?Thanks
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 2 months ago.
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.