Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

I have a 2002 lux, the, 3 lights on the dashboard have just

Customer Question

hi I have a 2002 hilux , the
JA: What is the model of your '02 Toyota?
Customer: 3 lights on the dashboard have just started to come on for over the last 5 days , the battery light the timing belt light and the 1 in the middle looks like a radiator or something , I spend over half of each week on beaches , no noises or smells was wondering if something faulty ??
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: not as yet ,finally have some time from tomoz
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not a lot yet but will get it seen too , mechanic or auto electrician ?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not sure do a lot of off road work
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.If your alternator is going it could cause those lights. The first thing to check is the output. Do you have a volt meter?
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny