Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I'm wanting to upgrade to a newer lexus and would like some

Customer Question

I'm wanting to upgrade to a newer lexus and would like some ideas on 2008 and newer models that are reliable, and generally good runners.
your previous thoughts on 2006 IS250 AWD were good to see, any advice would be appreciated.
I don't want a 4wd and need a sedan. Thanks for any help you can give :-)
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

I dont know these models all to well but have worked on some.The 2009 model IS looks to be a fairly dependable model with high ratings.In some cases you can check Edmunds online to get reviews and ratings for all of the years 2008 and up for what your looking for that will help.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I only decided to go with this service as the technician who regularly works on lots of Lexus models was said to be on line at the time, and I was asking him directly. His specific insight on general faults that regularly appear is needed.Your answer has basically just given me what I had found already with 40 minutes of google searching on forums on my own. Not really what was represented by justanswer when I agreed to be charged... I'm sorry to say, but I'll need a refund.Thanks,
Zennan.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I apologize my answer didnt help here.I saw no one else had posted and I wanted to offer some kind of help on this.If you would like I can open your question for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Pete,I'm grateful for your time, but I really needed a direct answer from someone with lexpert's experience. JustAnswer is STILL saying that he is online and can answer my question (in a new window, hoping for me to sign up and pay again) and I'm still waiting.So, in spite of your efforts, Pete, please get the refund process started. It really is nothing personal and I wish you well. Below is the response type and detail level I was hoping for:"Lexus Mechanic's response 6 Feb 2012lexpert
lexpert
Hello and thank you for using just answer!
I don't see a real "answer" to your questions posted here.
First you asked about timing belts- this car does NOT have a timing belt, it has a timing chain that is service free. Timing belts were done away with when the new is250/250 body came out and the is300 was retired.
I would NOT recommend the is250 AWD as a high mileage purchase. I'm not just a general mechanic, I specialize in these cars and work on them all day long. There are a lot of higher mileage issues with these cars that can get very costly. The transmissions in these cars are not nearly as reliable as the older Lexus' were and especially on the AWD version it is very prone to overheat failure. You would hate to have to put $4,000 into a transmission on a recently aquired vehicle.
Also be aware that basic upkeep is very pricey on this car. Price a set of tires for your car ( about $1,000) and plan on replacing these about once every 25,000 miles. This car also has high performance brakes and it will eat a set of brake pads and rotors about every time the tires are due for replacement, so for basic upkeep including brakes/tires/oil changes/etc.....I would plan on setting aside about $200 a MONTH to keep up with cost on this car.
There have also been a list of electrical issues with these cars from navigation systems gone bad to power door locks that fail.......long story short I LOVE lexus but this is probably the LAST particular year and model that I would personally ever own.
Ask your own Lexus question"And this is still clearly showing (see the bottom 2 lines):"Lexus Mechanic's response 6 Feb 2012
youre very welcome, have a good week, i will close this question out for you now
lexpert
lexpert
Avg. question only $20
Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
Ask your own questionRefund the payment, please.Kind regards,
Zennan.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I will send this to customer service for you.

Thanks Pete