Experience:  proprietor at port steering & alignment

I have a Ford Courier Ute 1995 model 12V. Always a good

Customer Question

I have a Ford Courier Ute 1995 model 12V. Always a good starter, suddenly won't start. Has good battery power but I think it is getting no petrol?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  discostew replied 3 months ago.

Hi Andreas , can you tell me few more things , has the ute recently been refueled ? , if it was topped up or filled with diesel by mistake it will suddenly stop working for no apparently good reason , also do you know if your getting spark from the coil &/or spark to each lead (plugs)...two different things & i need to know either/neither or both ok , glad to help stew

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I feel I'm incapable to execute a repair on my old ford courier 1995 with the Mazda engine. I don't believe it was topped up with Diesel as my last refueling happened more than a week before and I used the ute every day. Although the day before it stopped altogether, I now remember, it also did not start straight away but started a few minutes later so I put it down to flooding. I have no idea how to find out whether I am getting a spark or not. Hence I believe the best for me is to get a mechanic, even though I live on my own in remote location and have to wait until Saturday until he will be able to get to my place. I was told to check the fuel filter but cannot even find that.

Ok , fuel idea is out , knowing some more about ignition performance would be good . i cant see or touch the car so its difficult to isolate the problem without some sort of input from your end , thanks stew