Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 2001 9.3 saab convertible with a couple of

Customer Question

Hi there I have a 2001 9.3 saab convertible with a couple of electrical problems. The first one is air bag light stays on and the other is power windows work sometimes as do heated seats, and also when you push the button for heated seats to see if their working indicators (blinkers) will not work it sounds like an earth problem, i checked earths under seats and they are ok. With thanks Dennis
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This does sound like a possible ground/earth issue needing corrected.I would check the main battery ground at the battery as well as to where it runs and leads to for any issues.If any issues are found this will need to be corrected to resolve this fault here.If this is or has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Pete. Thanks for your reply, have tried battery earthing points all seem ok car starts ok no fuses blown but still no wipers power windows reversing lights or heated seats and if i push the button in for heated seats indicators (blinkers) won't work while heated seat switch is in the on position as soon as i take it out of that position indicators work again plus air bag light stays on. I guess if i can't resolve issues i will have to take it to some one who can. Regards Dennis
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Is anything after market installed on your model at all like a remote start or alarm system?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

This is a difficult one for me to answer myself from here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete