Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I'm trying figure out why the break lights only, won't work

Customer Question

Hey there. I'm trying figure out why the break lights only, won't work on my Mrs 2000 model sir accord wagon. It has a high stop light also which only works when the break light sensor box is unplugged however the break lights won't work at all. There's power on the white and black wire to the light sensor box. And also on the white/black wire at the high stop light plug point. I found water in the boot it's been tracking through a poorly designed seal at the top of the c pillar where the rear quater window meets with the tailgate seam and tracking through into boot. I'm guessing this has caused a short. How can I tell if the sensor box is poked? It's obvious the sender at the pedal is working fine as I had a test lamp at the white/black connections in the boot
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for any corrosion at the sensor box and see if any corrosion is found in the wiring connections or the box itself.It may look like a white or green corrosion build up.If any corrosion is found then it will need replaced and the connectors cleaned up and in some cases the terminals replaced in the connectors to resolve this fault here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is apprectiated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete