Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Curtis I'm having trouble starting my ford ba dedicated gas

Customer Question

Hey Curtis I'm having trouble starting my ford ba dedicated gas wagon. It seems to crank fine and want to start but it doesn't. I feel I can hear the solenoid clicking, and also after cracking it for a bit can smell gas. Have you any idea what the problem mayb be? Many thanks!
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this is a gasoline model check the spark plugs and see if they are soaked with fuel.If they are try to clean and dry them and see if this corrects the fault here as the engine may just be partially flooded out.If this is not the issue here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete