sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

You are a real person???? hmmmm My car a class mercedes b200

Customer Question

you are a real person????
JA: I'm an assistant to the Mercedes Mechanic. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: hmmmm My car a b class mercedes b200 auto non turbo was diagnosed with a faulty fuel pump. On the basis of the car not starting
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: new fuel pump put in
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: car still will ot start
JA: What year is your Mercedes?
Customer: not
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2010
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Mechanic has checked power to unit Ha
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
B200, replaced the fuel pump. 2010 still will not start. If put a fuel source direct into the engine the car starts. Have power to fuel pump, but the new pump is not pumping fuel through the fuel line when disconnected. Does the mechanic have to prime in some way the new pump to make it work?Country: Australia
Make: Mercedes-Benz
Model: B200
Year: 2010
Engine: PetrolAlready Tried:
Engine would not start. Mechanic diagnosed zero defaults on the computer. Said it was fuel pump failure. Swapped out with a new pump. Engine still will not start. Have checked have power to the pump. Fuel not being pumped out of fuel line though when ignition is on... What has the mechanic overlooked in replacing the fuel pump.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

After a fuel pump is replaced or the system is otherwise opened you just need to cycle the key a few times and then it will start normally. If the replacement pump isn't running then it's either missing power or ground or the replacement pump is bad.

Power and ground would need to be tested with an incandescent test light for accuracy. Was power tested with a voltmeter or a test light, ensuring the bulb lit as brightly as if connected to the battery?