Our ford transit van want change gears or go into nutrual

Customer Question

Hi our ford transit van want change gears or go into nutrual all the time reverse no problem it is a2003 vh transit auto manual 68000 thousand on clock hope you can help
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  hdgene replied 3 months ago.

Hello, the shifter wont move past reverse or the shifter moves ok but no forward gear ranges at all? Does the fluid level look full and does it smell burnt or black? Any warning lights on or a diagnostic check for codes done with a scan tool?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The auto is buttons on the dash if you get nutrual it goes in to reverse but not forward gears all the time if you get first some times it will change other times not
Expert:  hdgene replied 3 months ago.

Ok so when it does engage forward gear range, it has all its gears? Transmission fluid level and condition is ok? No warning lights are on?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Trans fluid been filled no if we get first my change gears or may stay in first ,warning on dash said gear box
Expert:  hdgene replied 3 months ago.

Ok, thats what I was thinking, an internal concern, it sounds like an internal mechanical failure. A diagnostic check of codes with a scan tool will tell more in regards ***** ***** area of the transmission to check, Such as a shift solenoid, along with some probable gear ratio fault codes. But from what you are describing, it sounds like the transmission will need to be removed and overhauled or replaced.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We had a computer put on it he said 3 things came up didn't think it could be all three we are in a isolated town called Gove in NT and they are not sure can I find out what they reckon and get back to you with your opinion
Expert:  hdgene replied 3 months ago.

Yes thats not a problem, that will help with a determination for sure

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you be in touch
Expert:  hdgene replied 3 months ago.

Very good, Let me know when you can.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi gene just waiting on another opinion and then I would like to run it passed you as you know fords and they don't have a ford computer to properly check it out so will get back to you if that is ok
Expert:  hdgene replied 3 months ago.

Not a problem!

Expert:  hdgene replied 3 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?