Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

S a screw on a 2rz-e Toyota ace engine 2.4l that controls

Customer Question

hey theres a screw on a 2rz-e Toyota hiace engine 2.4l that controls gas to air waning to know how to adjust it
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: yes have to pump the gas for it to start it goes okay when accleratiion but goes to stall when idling
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 1997 Toyota hiace 2.4L 2RZ-E engine lpg/petrol - no problem on petrol just gas
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yeah have done it before with the screw I think its the air to gas adjustment I'm thinking it kinda happened by luck but recently replaced starter and water pump and cant get it right
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases info like this has to be obtained from a dealer or repair center that works on this model here since no one else has posted the info on how to adjust this screw.I know on most models I have worked on you would turn it with the engine running until it idled properly or smoothed out but I would see if a dealer or repair center can tell you for sure how it is adjusted to be sure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete