Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Gooday I thought i had done a water pump in on my 1988 lux

Customer Question

Gooday
I thought i had done a water pump in on my 1988 hilux 2.4 diesel
So i put a new one in and low and behold i put it back together and water is still leaking from behind the timing belt cover
HELP befor i pull it all off again please
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like you have a coolant port or component leaking behind the timing cover.I have seen gaskets and O rings leak behind the timing cover and cause this fault here needing replaced.This will have to be inspected further to see if this is the cause for sure and what is needed to repair this fault here.You may have to have this inspected further by a repair facility to locate the issue here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Thanks Pete