Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Why is my car still useing fuel when i switch the gas

Customer Question

why is my car still useing fuel when i switch the gas on..when i switch to gas the DTE keeps going down..
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

From what is described here this sounds like an electrical fault with a switchover valve or component that switches between fuel and DTE.This will have to be tested further to be sure this is the cause here and to see if any other components are at fault needing repaired or replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Thanks Pete