sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My navara keeps blowing the ghbeam bulb on drivers side and

Customer Question

Hi my navara keeps blowing the highbeam bulb on drivers side and the left hand driving light cheers
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are a few things that could cause the bulb to blow.

If the bulb is being touched during installation that will cause shortened life. The bulb glass shoudl not be contacted, usually bulbs will come in a plastic wrapper which is used to handle it during installation.

If the lamp housing is allowing too much vibration of the bulb then it will shorten the bulb's life. The housing would need to be replaced if it's mounted securely and you see any flickering or bouncing of the light while driving, assuming power and ground are constant.

If there is any condensation in the lamp housing then it will need to be replaced.

A poor connection or intermittent power or ground due to a wiring issue can also shorten bulb life. If these were the case then you should see some dimming, flickering, or the light may be coming on and going off completely.

Overcharging can be an issue also but shouldn't just affect one bulb.